Lucas Says:

Friday, March 25, 2005

Acceptance

So I... I got into Simmons. I don't know how.

They've sent me a series of letters, warning me that if I don't get that third rec to them, they'll shred my application. And then burn it. And since their deadline was Feb 1, I had long since given up hope of getting that rec to them, trying not to think of the bizarre rituals they had promised to perform on my application. So I never even bothered asking my new recommender to send it to Simmons.

So then I got a letter today. Normal envelope size. It was thick, a little too thick for a rejection, I thought, maybe a waitlist though because it was certainly not the full size packet of an acceptance.

And now they've gone and let me in. I have a choice to make. I'll have to compare programs (and prices - I know Regis is expensive, I don't even know the price of Simmons). I'd have to take a summer course online, but it's not even organic chem, like I thought.

This also raises questions about my application to UMass Worcester. A month ago, they called me to say that as soon as they got the 3rd rec, they'd set up an interview. As of yesterday, they should have that rec. I've called, left a message, no response. For them, I have an interview outstanding. Will I get a letter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home