Lucas Says:

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Guided By Voices - Human Amusements at Hourly Rates

The best of Guided By Voices. 33 short, catchy, witty songs. Hi-fi, lo-fi. The album's just long enough and the songs are just short enough to keep me interested and not get sick of the song. And after some of the less accessible albums I've listened to recently *cough*ModestMouse*cough*, it has been amazing to enjoy the sound of a song on the first listen. It has been in my car for three weeks, keeping me upbeat with it.

I did actually intend to change it for the weekend, since I had a lot of driving to do, and I had already been listened to it for so long. So I listened to it on the way to the Star Trek card tournament (which I won) in NY, and I listened to it on the way to visit Holly at college, where we had a great time and I made a fun new friend.

But now, on my way to work this "morning", I changed the cd. And then on the way home I changed the cd again. Two cds in one day! And I even skipped tracks as I listened to the second cd. First I use a post about an album to talk about my activities over the weekend, and now this? Decadence!

This is why the Roman Empire fell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home