Lucas Says:

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

If Chins Could Kill - Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell has starred in not one but many productions with a cult following, and thus has a great number of very rabid fans. I really liked The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr., enough to seek out other things Bruce had been in, but I'm nothing in the grand scheme of his fans.

But I really enjoyed his book. I got it for Christmas, and quickly read the chapter on Brisco, but then put it down in favor of America - The Book. But this weekend I flew out to Nashville to throw a surprise birthday party for Amanda, so I took it out again to read on the plane.

It's not a complicated book. It's just fun. A lot of stories about a bunch of people having a really good time, working really hard, and creating interesting things. His career has been similar to that of They Might Be Giants, who, as Flansburgh has put it, have "clawed their way to the middle." And they both have learned to be quite comfortable there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I loved that show. Just checked netflix/google though, it has never come out on DVD. Grr.

-Dan P.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, if Amanda is in Nashville who are you rooming with?

Ilya

6:25 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Whoah, I had no idea posts were being made down here until I turned on email notifications.

Jake: I want all of your Briscos, now. And I look forward to ED4, even though I haven't seen ED2 yet.

Dan: I share your frustration.

Ilya: I got some roommate through my landlord.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random roommates sounds dangerous, but if you deciede to go to Worchester next year I MIGHT be looking for a place there.

Ilya

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home