Lucas Says:

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Linux Installation Update 2

So I was moving along smoothly and all, I was getting really good at installing things and stuff, and I decided to try to change the monitor resolution.

Bad move.

See, I was trying to change what monitor the system thought I had, but the command I ran in the terminal asked me to set a lot more than than. Stuff I had no clue about. So I... uh... just hit enter right through it all. Then it said it was done. I still coudn't change the resolution, so I decide to reset the computer.

Nothing happens.

Oh well, I've screwed things up on computers before, not a problem, I'll just take the Screensaver's epic advice and reinstall and try again. So I reset, set the cd drive as my primary boot device, and use the Windows 98 CD because I know how to format the drive from there pretty easily.

D:\WIN98>format c:
Invalid drive specification

Holy shit.

I can't even... not even... drive C:!??!? Oh man. This will take some doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home